The COVID-19 Pandemic continues to cause severe disruption across the globe with the United States accounting with the highest number of cases – New York and New Jersey among the most impacted.
American Tamil Medical Association (ATMA) NY/ NJ chapter has created COVID-19 Tamil task team comprising volunteer physicians from ATMA and non-medical volunteers who have joined hands in fighting this crisis. Within a week after establishment, our team has accomplished the following:
- A dedicated 24 Hrs. helpline and email service for the general public
- Created a comprehensive website with useful resources
- Providing advisory help to stranded family members
- Team runs webinars along with Q& A sessions that serve as an opportunity for people to overcome their fears about COVID-19 and be armed with facts
To continue our services in supporting people suffering from the worst pandemic of our lifetime, we request you to donate* for this noble cause. All funds will be spent towards the below mentioned COVID-19 pandemic related activities
- Provide PPE (personal protective equipment) and other supplies to volunteers, health care workers, environmental, community workers and families in need
- Help deliver medications, food, groceries and other essential supplies to family members suffering from COVID-19 (on quarantine or Isolation) including the elderly and estranged family members of patients
- Arrange free food for families in need
- Provide psychological, emotional, nutritional and advisory support to the children of infected parents who have been hospitalized
- Communicate and collaborate with family members in India and help recovering patients rehabilitate and restart their routine life
- Help family members in India to claim the remains of deceased patients and arrange for the deceased patient’s savings to be legally available for the benefit of their family
- Provide medical support to students and the elderly who have been stranded here as they cannot travel back to India
- Collaborate with the Indian Consulate (New York) and other governmental organizations to provide any other help needed
As more requests continue to pour in everyday, we are striving to help each and every inquirer that comes to us.
No amount is small – remember small donations add up! All of this collectively can help the people dealing with one of the worst health and financial crisis in existence.
*Donations are made through our primary affiliate (ATMA USA)